Works in progress/in planning (2018-21)
1. bioluminescence, (2018) for solo flute, for Paula Rae
[+ related work for flute soloist and student flute ensemble (2020)]
2. Sex Magic (2018-19), for bass flute and contrabass flute (1 player), for Claire Chase
3. saxophone quartet, Commissioned by Sigma Project Quartet (2019)
4. string quartet* for the JACK Quartet (2020)
5. Annunciation Triptych, orchestral cycle* (2020-21) 3 part work (15 minutes x 3 = 45′)
i. Sappho/ Bioluminescence
ii. Mary/ Transcendence after trauma
iii. Fatimah/ Flowers of Jubilation
The work looks at icons of women’s spirituality, passion, illumination, revelation and rituals – the figures of Sappho, Mary and Fatimah are highlighted.
more info: LIM_Annunciation Triptych (2020-21)
6. The Feeding Ground* (2020-21), evening length work for Talea Ensemble tbc
*Works 4-6 are part of a cycle called ‘Women’s Work’ that centres women’s cultural history, rituals and technologies in part inspired by the ground-breaking installation work ‘The Dinner Party’ (1974-1979) by Judy Chicago. Other references: Elizabeth Wayland Barber, ‘Women’s Work: The first 20,000 Years – Women, Cloth and Society in Early Times’ (Norton, 1996).
Book of essays on music and ecological time
(Speculations on aesthetic-epistemic operations of time in music)