Works in progress/in planning (2019-22)
1. Sex Magic (2019/20), for solo contrabass flute, for Claire Chase
[also with installation set-up]
2. Annunciation Triptych, orchestral cycle (2019-21) 3 part work (15 minutes x 3 = 45′)
i. Sappho/ Bioluminescence
ii. Mary/ Transcendence after trauma
iii. Fatimah/ Flowers of Jubilation
The work looks at 3 icons of women’s spirituality, passion, illumination, revelation and rituals – the figures of Sappho, Mary and Fatimah are highlighted.
more info: LIM_Annunciation Triptych (2020-21)
3. saxophone quartet, Commissioned by Sigma Project Quartet (2020)
4. string quartet* for the JACK Quartet (2020/21)
5. The Feeding Ground* (2021/22), evening length work for Talea Ensemble tbc
*Works 2,4,5 are part of a cycle called ‘Women’s Work’ that centres women’s cultural history, rituals and technologies in part inspired by the ground-breaking installation work ‘The Dinner Party’ (1974-1979) by Judy Chicago. Other references: Elizabeth Wayland Barber, ‘Women’s Work: The first 20,000 Years – Women, Cloth and Society in Early Times’ (Norton, 1996).
6. violin solo, for Karin Hellqvist
7. contrabassoon solo, for Lorelei Dowling
Book: ‘Music and Ecological Time’